Since 1989, The NHP Foundation (NHPF) has developed, acquired or renovated over 9,600 units of affordable housing in 19 states. These communities range from the suburbs to large urban centers. They include multifamily rental homes for large and small families, seniors, and persons with disabilities. Throughout its history, NHPF has been a leader in preserving properties at risk of conversion to market-rate. This helps to improve neighborhoods and to guarantee permanent affordability.
NHPF’s real estate development team carries out all phases of housing development services to include:
- Site identification and acquisition;
- Selection and coordination of the design and development team;
- Financing: predevelopment, construction, equity, and mortgage financing;
- Entitlements, including environmental clearances;
- Constituency communications to build community acceptance;
- Value engineering and project bidding; and
- Oversight of land development and project construction.