The NHP Foundation celebrates 25 years of providing affordable housing to families and seniors.
Since its founding, NHPF has realized extraordinary achievements in the preservation and creation of value-added affordable housing, and is excited to be moving forward into the next quarter-century. Incorporated as a nonprofit in 1989, NHPF has operated with both a charitable mission and business-like financial discipline, preserving 70 multi-family properties—approximately 12,000 apartment units.
Building on that foundation, NHPF has earned a reputation for solid accomplishments in:
- Affordable housing, delivering shelter in the form of clean, safe, green communities
- Financial soundness, constructing two new affordable housing properties and completing six Low Income Housing Tax Credit rehabilitations, valued at a total of $248,765,218
- Forward thinking, joint venturing with Urban Atlantic, implementing a $50 million equity fund for the acquisition of properties to be redeveloped and preserved as tax credit properties
- Collaboration, one of 12 founding nonprofits forming the Housing Partnership Equity Trust, an $80 million Private Real Estate Investment Trust for the acquisition and preservation of affordable housing
- Solid community partnerships, through The NHPF Affiliate Program, offering development, financial, asset management, resident services, and fundraising support to local housing nonprofits facing financial and organizational challenges following the recessionary crisis that began in 2008
- Effective resident services, providing a wide variety of educational, health, and enrichment programming
- Measurable Results, producing and tracking outcome-based programs and services continuously seeking the best for our residents