Since 1989, The NHP Foundation (NHPF) has developed, acquired, and renovated 17,484 housing units affordable to low and moderate income families. Today, we have 57 properties in America’s suburban areas and large urban centers. Each provides rental units at affordable rates to families of all sizes, seniors, and persons with disabilities. We currently serve more than 28,000 residents in 16 states and the District of Columbia.
Throughout its history, NHPF has been a leader in preserving properties at risk of conversion to market-rate rental units. This helps to improve neighborhoods and to guarantee permanent affordability for low to moderate income renters. Having inhouse expertise equal to that of market-rate housing developers continues to be essential in achieving the results NHPF is known for, industry-wide.
NHPF’s team of real estate development professionals carries out all phases of housing development services, including:
- Site identification and acquisition
- Selection and coordination of the design and development team
- Financing: pre-development, construction, equity, and mortgage financing
- Entitlements, including environmental clearances
- Constituency communications to build community acceptance
- Value engineering and project bidding
- Oversight of rehabilitation, project construction, and land development
The NHPF Development Team is always looking for land parcels and under-developed properties that can be upgraded to value-added affordable housing communities. We invite potential sellers and their agents to share investment and development candidates with NHPF.
Our team has decades of combined experience in revitalizing communities through quality redevelopment.